Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Time for 2018!

As we look straight down the barrel of 2018, I think we should all take a moment to remember what 2017 was like for us. Whether you found yourself wasting oodles of time debating politics on social media or found great success bringing your small business to online marketing, take the good, throw out the bad and set your goals for a new year of opportunity.

You don’t really notice when you’re in the moment, but social media is a huge time suck – even when you are just “checking in” on everyone. I personally found myself wasting a lot of time on social media, then realizing I was wasting time, and pulling back from it all to reclaim my time. It was quite liberating. I was able to get things done that were previously put off. I was able to catch up on some reading. I had more time to decorate for the holidays. I had more time for my family. I had more time for me. And those things have immeasurable value. In fact, the few months of pull back was so successful, I plan on pulling back even more this year. You can too! Set limits and stick to them! You will be amazed at how good it feels!

I know that social media is a great place to reconnect and have healthy discussions on a variety of issues or causes. But this past year has felt more like a social media war. 

Pulling out the positive.....people seem to be more engaged on the important issues. Discussions are good, but when they cross the line, know when to get out or find common ground before losing a friendship that is certainly more important than politics. 

The irony of posting this on social media is not lost on me.

As for me, I’m going to use all of my extra time to write more, play more and maybe even discover a new hobby or start a new project.  I’m going to finally start working out on a consistent basis (she says!). I really am going to try! I know if I just get started – make that first step – I will be better off for it in the long run. I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.


Stay positive. Think positive. And cheers to a healthy and successful 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment